Well this post has been a long time coming, I have been so busy with Christmas shopping and other dolly delights I have sadly been neglecting my blog and friends, but not to worry I have pics to show you and news to share. :)
Firstly, I have ordered a #1 Little Darling from Pat Green (she will be painting the face) and hopefully will look very similar to this one painted by Dianna Effner.
Feeling lazy and not at all like sewing, I came across Carol Pringle's lovely clothes on Flickr and placed an order for 4 outfits to be made to fit my own Little Darling so she has clothes to wear when she finally arrives in 2017.
Not being prepared to wait for over 12 months for a new doll (yes that's how long LD's take), I proceeded to browse the internet until I came across these little gals, which hubby was kind enough to buy for me for Christmas. They will come dressed in these clothes.
Fortunately for me both dolls (Dasha and Nora) were available locally and are on their way to me as I write. I'm not sure whether they will stay as they are, or have a re-paint, eye and hair change. This will depend entirely on my reaction when I hold them in my hot little hands. :)
The measurements, as you can see below, are a perfect size for me and have a body size very close to my Dollmore Narsha Zihu, which means they will be able to share some clothes.
Paola Reina Dolls are an exquisite range of dolls individually hand made in Alicante, Spain from high-quality vinyl (polyvinyl chloride) without ethers or phthalates and meeting all European quality and safety regulations.
- They have a soft vanilla scent.
- The eyes are made of hard plastic including life-like eye lashes (eyes do not close).
- The low flammable nylon hair comes from German and Italy and is styled by hand.
- The hair is also securely sewn in and not glued.
- Facial features are hand painted (eyebrows, lips, cheeks, freckles).
- Articulating arms, head, and legs so doll can be placed in both standing and sitting positions.
- Clothes are made with quality fabrics designed by the Paola Reina team.
- Suitable for age 3+. (I'm in that bracket somewhere.)